We want all our puppy buyers to be happy with their new puppy, but we also want the very best for our puppies. We have held them when they were first born and nurtured them to be the best they can be. To that end, we have come up with these minimal requirements for our prospective homes. If you’re involved with working and training your puppy, you will be much less disappointed because your puppy did not turn out as you desired. Your work will help it to be exactly what you want and will build a bond between you and your dog.
1, We do not ship. If you want a North Star Guardian puppy, you must come to us or meet us at a show to see your puppy before you get him or her. One other option is to hire a pet transportation service to delivery your puppy. This cost is up to the puppy owner. We just don’t feel it is the best for our puppies to be all alone and shipped in the cargo of a plane.
2. All puppies must obtain a Companion Dog obedience title or a Rally Novice Obedience title by the age of 18 months. This is to ensure that the puppy is receiving the training and socialization necessary for him/her to become a good canine citizen and a member of your family. We are here to help you navigate this and support you.
3. All puppies must be house dogs. This breed needs to be with you and NOT left out in the yard. They were bred to protect their family and they can’t do that if they are left alone outside. They will be your black shadow and the best protector you will ever have.
4. All homes must have a fenced yard or enclosure. This is as much for your dog’s protection as to keep him at home. Black Russian Terriers don’t normally wander but other dogs can come over and a fight can start.
5. All show puppies must be shown in conformation competition.
6. All puppies must obtain a Canine Good Citizen certificate and or a TT from the American Temperament Testing Society. We will also help navigate this in any way you need.
7. Our puppies always have a home with us so for some reason you can no longer care for your puppy we want to be notified and we will come and get the puppy. Depending on what the costs for rehoming and care for the puppy are, it would reflect the refund the puppy owner would get. If the puppy has been abused no refund will be given